giovedì 14 febbraio 2008

Felice San Valentino a tutte le signore di buon cuore

A 23 year-old British woman recently had a chance to look at her own heart on display, part of The Heart exhibition at the Wellcome Collection in London .

She had the heart transplant at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge, three months ago after a diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, a potentially fatal condition in which the heart walls stiffen. Her first reaction on seeing the old heart was disgust, but later she described the experience as slightly surreal. She said: "Because it was mine, I was like, wow, that's my heart, I just couldn't stop grinning. It's odd to think that I was stood here alive and that was part of me once upon a time."
James Peto, the curator said: "To see the heart of a person still living is quite remarkable and Jennifer's heart is definitely one of the most thought-provoking features of the exhibition."

Nessun commento: